The following career opportunities are currently available:
Payroll / Tax Associate The Payroll/Tax Associate is responsible for managing and performing the payroll process and performing accounting related tasks. This position also involves performing complex tax preparation, tax research and tax planning.
Payroll / Bookkeeping:
- Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases using specialized accounting software
- Provides Quick Books support via email, phone, or in person; visit clients as necessary
- Analyzes, prepares, & inputs payroll data. Process transfer of payroll data to appropriate payroll system (ADP, Quick Books). Ensures compliance with all applicable state & federal wage & hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, & yr. end payroll reports and payroll tax filings
- Prepares individual and corporate returns as assigned along with required work papers in accordance with tax department procedures.
- Reviews tax information supplied by client; meets with client for ongoing support
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations
Education, Experience, and Skills/Competencies:
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, well developed financial analysis capabilities & demonstrated ability to operate computer system & associated programs (Microsoft Office, Quick Books, etc.)
- 3 years bookkeeping / payroll filing experience; Proficiency with Quick Books
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred plus 3 years of accounting experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects.
Position Type/Hours/ Wage This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Must be available to work extended hours and weekends during tax season and other times (payroll filings, end of year reports, W2's,1099s, etc.) Wage: 40,000.00 plus commensurate with experience, Exempt Position
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Bookkeeping / Payroll: 3 years
Required education: Bachelor's
Interested, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Mark A. McLaughlin, CPA